Functions of Rubber Board
The functions of the Board as defined under the Act are:
- To promote by such measures as it thinks fit the development of the rubber industry.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provision the measures referred to therein may provide for:
- undertaking, assisting or encouraging scientific, technological or economic research.
- training students in improved methods of planting, cultivation, manuring and spraying.
- the supply of technical advice to rubber growers
- improving the marketing of rubber.
- the collection of statistics from owners of estates, dealers and manufacturers.
- securing better working conditions and the provision and improvement of amenities and incentives to workers.
- carrying out any other duties which may be vested with the Board as per rules made under this Act.